Parish Safeguarding Policy
- As members of the PCC in the Parish of Hove, we are committed to the safeguarding, care and nurture of all our members.
- We recognise that safeguarding is everyone's responsibility.
- We are committed to implementing all safeguarding policies and practice guidance issued by the House of Bishops.
- We will carefully select and train all those who work or volunteer in positions of trust. We will use the Disclosure and Barring Service, amongst other tools, to check the background of each person.
- We will respond, without delay, to every concern made that a person for whom we are responsible may have been harmed.
- We will co-operate fully with statutory agencies during any investigation concerning a member of the church community.
- We will seek to ensure that anyone for whom we have pastoral responsibility who has suffered abuse is offered support that meets their needs.
- We will respond appropriately to those who have committed sexual offences who wish to join our fellowship, following House of Bishop's guidance and the advice of the Safeguarding Team.
- We will review this policy annually and as part of this process will ensure that all our procedures, particularly in relation to the Disclosure and Barring Service, are up to date.
Any queries about this policy may be directed to our Parish Safeguarding Officer whose details are on our contact page and displayed in the church.
The Diocesan Safeguarding team is also available to answer any questions you may have.
Past Cases Review - Do you have information about church-related abuse?
In 2020 The Church of England commissioned a new independent Past Cases Review (PCR2). All parishes in the diocese of Chichester have now fully responded and the independent reviewers will complete their work this summer. The Diocese is making a further call to any individual who wishes to share information or make a disclosure regarding church-related abuse. Please be encouraged to make direct contact with the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser on the following details:
Colin Perkins, Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor | 01273 425 030 | PCR2@chichester.anglican.org